- 1 Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)
Published on: Oct 14, 2019
Vacancy: Not specific
Employment Status: Contractual
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Application Deadline: Oct 27, 2019
Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)
- Duty Station: ETI Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Contract Type: Fixed – term appointment
- Duration: One Year (Renewable)
- Report to: Social Dialogue Programme Coordinator
- Job Statement: The Training Officer will hold specific responsibility for delivering targeted activities that will empower low-income workers working in global supply chains; by enabling worker voice in Bangladesh.
- Main Purpose: Working closely with the Social Dialogue Programme Coordinator, the role is intended to organize and conduct training in line with ETI Bangladesh Country Strategy.
- Help organize training dates in coordination with Social Dialogue Programme Coordinators.
- Prepare for and deliver trainings as needed.
- Travel to external training venue to conduct and offer support when required.
- Prepare factory wise monthly update report.
- Keep records of course attendance and completion and generate certificates for delegates.
- Work closely with Head of Finance and Administration and order supplies where necessary.
- Photocopying, filing and compiling course materials where necessary.
- May also be expected at times to contribute to other areas of work based on availability and organization need.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum five years’ relevant work experience as trainer, preferably in international development, local NGO and/or responsible business.
- Knowledge of or experience in, supply chain issues and labour rights.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects and event planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of self-control and self-motivation toward excellent deliverables and strong interest in sustainability issues and role of business in creating a just and sustainable world.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- High ethical standards and commitment to ETI Bangladesh core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Business : The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs that promotes respect for workers` rights around the globe. Our vision is a world where all workers are free from exploitation and discrimination, and enjoy conditions of freedom, security and equity.
Our member companies, trade unions and voluntary organisations work together to tackle the many complex questions about what steps companies should take to trade ethically, and how to make a positive difference to workers` lives.
We define best practice in ethical trade
We help workers to help themselves
We build strategic alliances that make a difference
We persuade and influence key players
We drive improvements in member companies` performance
When ETI member companies are alerted to serious violations of workers` rights within their supply chain, it is vital that they respond swiftly and effectively.
We have galvanised our members to work together to resolve major crises for workers in Cambodia, Turkey, Bangladesh, and elsewhere.
Building a coalition to protect union rights
Supporting trade union rights